|Re: [eigen] Rigid Transformations in eigen: discussion thread|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Rigid Transformations in eigen: discussion thread
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:49:41 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=SpiHkA+m7pd7/GUMPorQmfQlzaVxDhQZvCWPqP7A3sA=; b=Z7g4H2S3Bzi3RLKzx9FsVFu+xMBocrfj/uda7tiAXAZybOCLXJvKRyQuQsMr3ByNr9 ii3paxlG6KgS6kKfxUeN4EjG+omlifg9PUB+jqGj8qv3tzZmF/T/xeU+4CNTCMqHLTBd 7As3vb6S1lYvqtDD2/oP//jVQxcKlfCBWozxA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=XxTHyUax4KefHeOu0WjtscQwsRTq4KsjavGhG6RprQ4io/ubsejroDi69Fbsq8fBBQ PjJRvFqt2OygibWe1hCynulnI8ZaLkZApFdBtF3PR6C+2yKJObP3WFePnqMB+cSL/Rhf vd5s/bJsg4YVuI9zaW/fpYmo5Zugk9GCduvDg=
2009/9/17 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
> With a specialized nlerp() you can't go general blending, which is
> needed while performing character skinning.
> IE, operations like (w1*Q1+w2*Q2.....+wN*QN).normalize(), what about them?
OK, before i can think more, i need to ask, what are realistic values of N here?
Is N always known at compile time or are you talking about a runtime N as in:
DualQuat s = 0;
for(int i = 0; i < N; ++i) s += w[i] * Q[i];
For the runtime N case, I think that the user must take care of the
optimization, i don't see how we can do that.
For compile-time-fixed N, N can't be very big, right? How big?