|Re: [eigen] Rigid Transformations in eigen: discussion thread|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Rigid Transformations in eigen: discussion thread
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:29:18 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=rJekB9D6w3VdnNzoYTxOCCn3OTbbkGeHSykWzT2PxjA=; b=Yr4h3GZhbrNo3WveFER4U0771UiFy3tStQRr2Ecps6MvX2VaWF7fPH1PjVf24RgpV0 zOMYTucC+/FQ4ppXr8IU28HGawDbe9lw/7Ac8unjjwkevSNb/Q/WLESNoTsr7JVf/aql jtFpU4jcVj/7XURRxwqAoBquiOnfSsg2ROv4c=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=k243F05HwdfTLiQtNxdhsVtbldZaUYOyDf1LJUJtngCaFpyNL9VGwOD1aQdU1m3gON r2NEswYdl7de1YkSAmqGIK5k9KscqMH7HJmTMNSDYa4qjZcGFCWMZ9y7nBHOyRRMjX5Z +KlzMh65aNu4LRamt12RPRjcLYP9PSClL9zsU=
> OK, before i can think more, i need to ask, what are realistic values of N here?
> Is N always known at compile time or are you talking about a runtime N as in:
I have NO idea. I haven't used it, and I don't need it right NOW, but
I don't want to shut the door on this when we know that it is used.
May be we can just put a big fat warning in the docs. Many
multiplications will anyway lead to loss of rigidity, so no
normalize() is a bad idea. I mean, if the user does these operations,
let him deal with normalization.
> DualQuat s = 0;
> for(int i = 0; i < N; ++i) s += w[i] * Q[i];
> For the runtime N case, I think that the user must take care of the
> optimization, i don't see how we can do that.
> For compile-time-fixed N, N can't be very big, right? How big?
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology