|Re: [eigen] Re: vectorization for ints not working|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Re: vectorization for ints not working
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 14:57:40 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=SquDNDUuBxzK18e4DHjcB0KCbGDV4U8hOH25riptAW0=; b=tJBpL+TnSJpCYn6wf4xRwIE9gGg6KdfV51KgdQ5GvVpI+I5HfhGVPuwlNCahpQHAlu DNV+PXzl4ssTiiJGuT8vIFqAO/ZjpUSq4LJ6BGzom2ZKIOsIpmOnHmLIbP3Fj9/LEbxg SDL0Hu2vDAwOwG2W1M49/Y4AxIrpzAm5h0ftg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=pgLF1FsnU/umLRZZ+iNYXBYcatkAYkV2AGNzSq+iEwCOGHr7aE4HY81f2LX+s4gXf0 M7P2xXJvaHdIXNd72+43KS+TETdqE5eaYarI8e8nmhCUCGCfeVqla05K2Z99q85XyjRF zUH+v5dMoVos90KzOLI/8u4vU3iMZVtG+d7Nk=
On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Gael Guennebaud
> yes this is because I did not expect such kind of use of Map for small
> fixed size vectors. Actually why don't you use an Eigen vector for
> "bytes" ? Then you won't need to use Map.
Ok, I checked it out. It will not be possible to pass in an eigen vector.
> Anyway, to make Map more usable what we have to do is to add a
> FirstAligned option to Map so that Eigen knows your data is
> aligned.... The ForceAlign option has a different meaning.
I think doing this is a better idea.
> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> PS: this is eigen's unstable branch, but using code checked out a
>> month or so ago.
>> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I had a simple piece of code involving matrix4i, and it is not
>>> compiling with vectorization. This is on fedora 11, 64 bit, gcc 4.4.1.
>>> To compile, use make eigen. I am interested in vectorization of the
>>> code in the addressesGen function, which enclosed in asm directives.
>>> There are clear signs of eigen unrolling the loop, but I'd like my
>>> vectorization please. :)
>>> To compile, do make eigen.
>>> Rohit Garg
>>> Senior Undergraduate
>>> Department of Physics
>>> Indian Institute of Technology
>> Rohit Garg
>> Senior Undergraduate
>> Department of Physics
>> Indian Institute of Technology
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology