[eigen] Rigid transformations in eigen: use of dual quaternions

a) What is the internal representation of affine transformations
(excluding scaling) in eigen?

b) I am right now rolling my own dual quaternion class, but if eigen
provides dual quaternions (say as RigidTransform class, to exclude
scaling) then it would be very useful indeed.

c) Dual quaternions have many advantages, in that they allow artifact
free skining, rigid transform interpolation, are resistant to
numerical defects (just like quaternions). Was their use considered
and discarded?

d) The recently introduced EIGEN_TRANSFORM_PLUGIN, what does it do?

e) Interpolation is the key thing here. We need it and we are having
to do it ourselves. But we'd like to have the code rolled into eigen,
so that it plays nice with the rest of the geometry api and allows
convenient extraction of matrices (to upload as uniforms to shaders).

--
Rohit Garg

http://rpg-314.blogspot.com/

Senior Undergraduate