|Re: [eigen] Re: vectorization for ints not working|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Re: vectorization for ints not working
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:01:57 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=SVouQilMJEcC1Wsbm+WrbeS8dsZRXAqlFJkLMgGYd9Q=; b=I/816zTrjfS5EdTzqo3oIVD841eAB3wy9Y8t4LJlf5B1SwZ5Mh3q18l2ZOVOz3ZIdT JjtAUXJH2EbWr/ovtnmw4WCG+iHnMVa78ihxE2j9Raf5bNNAInjANElliQcyZ5geZ5CT HyLtimy/QabnYRWqMazaOXF2BDd8v5W3aRLIc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=utiHUUKGGR5bjOFlc/shcgnRxpFZGuMHoMpp9otETVtqiaT/M7Jf7kXHXS0n49yHZM 7du8ksshoT38LFnj4flvww1D/uBMtmmyJiRxzQW7cB+rNRxTsThPHKPjffDR9be/Pm3T TNT1GlmSJUD8BjWUSO5zkygHXq+nefM2ZWU14=
yes this is because I did not expect such kind of use of Map for small
fixed size vectors. Actually why don't you use an Eigen vector for
"bytes" ? Then you won't need to use Map.
Anyway, to make Map more usable what we have to do is to add a
FirstAligned option to Map so that Eigen knows your data is
aligned.... The ForceAlign option has a different meaning.
On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> PS: this is eigen's unstable branch, but using code checked out a
> month or so ago.
> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I had a simple piece of code involving matrix4i, and it is not
>> compiling with vectorization. This is on fedora 11, 64 bit, gcc 4.4.1.
>> To compile, use make eigen. I am interested in vectorization of the
>> code in the addressesGen function, which enclosed in asm directives.
>> There are clear signs of eigen unrolling the loop, but I'd like my
>> vectorization please. :)
>> To compile, do make eigen.
>> Rohit Garg
>> Senior Undergraduate
>> Department of Physics
>> Indian Institute of Technology
> Rohit Garg
> Senior Undergraduate
> Department of Physics
> Indian Institute of Technology