[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] git
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 16:14:27 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=/9CwgSPxITl3AHkn0JEk3pK/4aas0BKilllfkUMrh9o=; b=AcBoKO8btLFvuPHkXRH7Vh5VE71UlDU7ArVa8XcSl94S9vbQE60DT3oDn/3FBImJwV SlSajt08NjTmFTIResL1KzvMo975Mqt2o92HUQN07gdrgl1z1ymiwTqkTZDIN0kN3aoZ cn4Qx6lYa8U5JzzDTDoKAPWH7/1K7Cgj+WKBo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=g7/dBQ0999HrToYgOza0nzDVuO4PrgBZfOLNBqH/Y1AqKIRMo8hWDfTYvVP7pIhy1m oSbCI4yvZuGj6H6lPgMUpzlpZ24z/+YSFqeMSxCItGPliSHaH85Wej7LonXxStVc0nP+ S/bNGIm2SSOOr0jiFx0x8ZvNKoVEioirPnn0U=
I read the hg tutorial but it only addresses very basic usage, so I
have 2 questions:
With the last hg repo you made (with named branches) what is the
proper/simple way to backport a bugfix (i.e., a changeset) from the
devel branch (called "eigen2" I think) to the stable branch (called
Another question: with hg is it possible to push many local commits as
a single one ? (in other word cluster many changesets into a single
On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree with this. I think we need a kind of 'validation' from main
> developers. i'm not sure who they are, but at least Gael and Benoit according
> to the activity graph. I did not mention it yet, did I ? Here's an example
> http://imagebin.ca/view/1147WxM.html This is provided by a mercurial extension
> i wrote, it is based on the number of commits and only means .. well, not more
> than just that.
> I guess the original setup would be an 'official' repository where only few
> people could push. I propose that we setup this repository on bitbucket, and
> the developers plays with it, pulling and pushing to learn how it works.
> Meanwhile, the official repository would still be the kde svn of course.
> If/once validated it would be easy to do another conversion from scratch,
> after applying a tag in svn to know where this happened, and switch the
> official repository.
> I can help with that and the wiki documentation. I'm a happy eigen user, but I
> do not modify it and as such can not provide much code back.
> On Saturday 02 May 2009 09:01:32 Gael Guennebaud wrote:
>> However, before we make a final decision I would like we establish a
>> workflow with associated hg commands to be sure the hg way to work is
>> ok for us (I know hg is not very flexible to that respect in contrast
>> to bzr for instance). Since I don't know hg yet, I cannot start that
>> right now, but I'll start learning it and fill a section of the
>> Developer's corner wiki page.
> Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>