Re: [eigen] git

On Saturday 02 May 2009 16:14:27 Gael Guennebaud wrote:
> With the last hg repo you made (with named branches) what is the
> proper/simple way to backport a bugfix (i.e., a changeset) from the
> devel branch (called "eigen2" I think) to the stable branch (called
> "2.0") ?

(the devel branch is currently called 'eigen2' indeed, but it will be called
'default' when in production, and the labels will not appear everywhere as it
does now)

What you want is 'cherry picking'. I think the only tool that provide a great
way of doing this is 'darcs' (a dvcs written in haskell, with a very good
technical background i think, but not for production use yet).
I guess the best way to do this with mercurial is

hg export revnumber (choose)
hg branch 2.0 (switch branch)
hg import revnumber (apply)

Another way is to use the Transplant extensin :
http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/TransplantExtension
it is standard (shipped with mercurial)/

I've never used it

> Another question: with hg is it possible to push many local commits as
> a single one ? (in other word cluster many changesets into a single
> one)

I don't think this is possible

Thomas
--