[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] git
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 16:42:55 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=cT852pSCPnMr0uAWW9m7YQN4QxMeq+G2VjeKCjaergM=; b=RAFSZtjj6EZt+Fb2jQNiGMV+j9T3d62i2gDWiTbOR7YiYCpFVMpeCjX9fTO5A0mTOB tUeFTCFWVSrF0VtaBWnJVpIBl9ocNgSq2vYKLZ0xKlwQV4hIRWfg5lG/s7pIAq/KjM9h 6x5c92Gbm36Gm5SH65GN99lMPgIQh8y+6b+AI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=FFLQEGPLTSM/K/iPL0qgBeitQs6SxeHRO/9NeZqIhKTZwwTxA1E7M5WQfVgGhirpYc dJtSnfx6u8h0WFbwFXK6gWYCBclwe6a+33yrQRQvCGmVscY7//7PuIG2iAJSy8R0s+ut gMOWJ3zubT3b8FoM55LsYd6gHkOK8Hj43fPQo=
I don't understand a thing. Currently you are doing svn:external's
against kdesupport/eigen2, right? That is our development branch. So
you are not cherrypicking anything, right?
Then the solution i proposed by exporting from hg and then pushing
with svn, allows you to do that.
2009/5/2 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Svn uses .svn and mercurial .hg. So you can have a directory that is both a
>> svn and a hg repository. So you can just 'hg pull -u' to update from hg, and
>> then use 'svn st' to check what is added/removed.
> this the solution I had in mind because I've already practiced it, but
> it is very painful and error prone (because of the file you have to
> move, remove and add....)
> I guess it would be better to export a set of changesets and import it
> in svn, but then we have to track the changeset ids manually :(
>> hg has a useful command 'addremove' that add everything that is present but
>> unknown to the dvcs, and remove all known to dvcs but which are not present
>> anymore. Unfortunately, i dont see any svn command to do that.
>> Though using svn st / add /rm would not be too difficult. If so, we can try to
>> write a script.
>> On Saturday 02 May 2009 16:23:09 Gael Guennebaud wrote:
>>> well that depends what you mean by "manual", if it is only one or two
>>> commands to run whenever we want to sync it's ok, but if you have to
>>> do the svn add manually, or so then that's another story. So, yes,
>>> basically I still don't see how to do it easily....
>> Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>