|Re: [eigen] FLENS C++ expression template Library has excellent documentation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] FLENS C++ expression template Library has excellent documentation
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:37:53 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=Bc586iW4hwJjpPdbGV0+rZGFZ5e/KuD36tN2yQO9Yq8=; b=EaAZ9h+Nulmt0qhQMf6OiZseE9bvyNDsu4J8FxoPS0KsuEWqQulTHXgcZDLchArQ5q fKql0V9x8MH3PeDpta08BxOjcdUnC7tv62jOf2Yl7SImSQaoTyTBnUYYFAdMsKQkPYgp AQP9DRD7RpqfszEw26Yw6PJPyBGgo4ngnGkTQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=nlyUHhAJEMTjwOn11/TEfHkLTCI8vlke79Ec3rkE5YMyr7f2rIGQcEmT8cFFyiu18S EyR5Cv2ByQSoI9JSwtXiTxxflXE5AlXUKaWVzPIbblvcfKVMw8hx3Lj5MF2UIP0Ixiz8 BuogKIKa1aLa1bDp0Oc4+LfTlShE/dIB4nkdY=
> This can be explained by the use of GCC 4.3 in this benchmark which is
> less good than GCC 4.2 and 4.4 for Eigen.
>> I am thinking that that is due to there being machine
>> dependent constants in the eigen which need to be tuned for each
> There is basically one constant to tune, the cache size.
There will be more if we go parallel. In the eigen internals page, you
refer to MxK into KxN matrix. What happened to M,K,N tuning there.
It's a bit complicated, so I haven't understood it completely. Aren't
there more parameters?
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology