|Re: [eigen] FLENS C++ expression template Library has excellent documentation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] FLENS C++ expression template Library has excellent documentation
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:18:18 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=YhM1lrku4ir0T3OMid5HkPwq91AHQgUu3rmI62jsoi4=; b=u6hXiLc7XDqIYOVulHMyGtA6VZGJ1huIBUCb3/SlqTR1NNgc0k+kPyjgcPh49fi11N CYH0zWSL4AzpTVYqV826u9c4XJ6Hlpr/rZ16E6KF5j/SgIRHk46nQnBv4U+wv09vzcjV VKwihzWlulYY9J5pggVIqx4lKm8WEkCzxA27E=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=HBb33K/MClogto/8dRqi9bFtvVTIgylEYsq4enIODKULUNf1+hk3kjFmAA17yKyHAu xHptM4KjsnwabifQFoON4/GUpB5AHFVHXU6OsR//54cU+56ZY9RdEX/5ULs6oCl3V8Ka 3rCRbIYnZZsAu2ROXgG7u5dQsGGNObz9gOmEY=
2009/4/17 Andre Krause <post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello EIGEN - List,
> i want to point you to the lib FLENS. It provides a C++ Interface to BLAS and
> LAPACK in a expression template manner. I am mentioning flens here, because it
> may be a source of inspiration for further eigen2 design desicions.
Do you have something specific in mind? We took the different approach
of replacing BLAS and LAPACK, rather than wrapping around them.
Although there is work left to do, we are at the point where, given
sufficient contributions, we can hope to quickly become a complete
enough replacement for a vast majority of users.
> here is the very extensive documentation:
Wow, he wrote a 160-page book ?! And that's not doxygen generated, but
completely handwritten and TeX'd ?! Seriously this is impressive, but
I don't see us doing that. We simply don't have time... unless someone