|Re: [eigen] FLENS C++ expression template Library has excellent documentation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] FLENS C++ expression template Library has excellent documentation
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:48:18 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=Isov9Qre/BRinQMYLpR3ZamYdO/w4T3jitWyBuP/tZs=; b=g/MImaKpUO84A800cnNu7aWdtqAH0hQ188xOwbhTXHIWRhsU3rjjsibbZuojO5UYKF AeNzaziC8Re5iyECoLwuGyeXi3/JC8sm72eN8zkudUgSNiLJwgS4ieHGxxNZHrQOOg2L MlqMUN/LNnq6QTLWUMYm8nboYiLQRreVIlblk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=czZbxB1fvuGvYwYxW5argENZU4VCjWYCXslIS4Ik/mt46OHPsnNQWUzzQdW0RFcc4M KIaFpdWiI+XwV9tSU9+kVcA/duHSFT+fuuv0jkar3ciieRod85dLewYzUJUFDOghO852 GgNBbeJvNBmmjWFeSM6vZWML2ZqpFH8cpbo/0=
2009/4/18 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> There are different use cases.
>> - many products of many small matrices
>> - one product of two large matrices
> This kind of question needs thought. You see, I was pretty
> disappointed at the rather poor performance of eigen in the Pentium D
This can be explained by the use of GCC 4.3 in this benchmark which is
less good than GCC 4.2 and 4.4 for Eigen.
> I am thinking that that is due to there being machine
> dependent constants in the eigen which need to be tuned for each
There is basically one constant to tune, the cache size.