Re: [eigen] [RFC] symbolic computations using eigen

On Feb 2, 2009, at 5:40 PM, Benoit Jacob wrote:

The classes have been on my hard drive for a while and I thought you may
find these features useful enough for a potential inclusion in Eigen.

As for inclusion in Eigen, I think that the main prerequisite for this
would be for us to have clear use cases in mind and being confident
that we can cover them with good performance.

One suggestion is that you could offer a "Eigen contributed" repository for contributions like this. If people find them interesting, they can either adapt them, or ... if there is enough interest (and clear use cases) they can be included into Eigen in the future.

Keep in mind, that having interesting examples of using Eigen also help with documentation. :-)

Cheers,
-Geoff