|Re: [eigen] Totally missing /O2 for MSVC-Compiler|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Totally missing /O2 for MSVC-Compiler
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 00:19:44 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=NkuaZfrJYMRdX2alW/t+mq/yPnTpUMbBXPkTp0wW4H8=; b=Ay+QN28LcYK644uYOjVfqKyjNeStAz6U16WP6PKlTg/BuFoJR1zheXDQ6ionYk8+Us Ubisq0PvWJ5+D/ykWyIwvI4+gUfuV8uXw8ksZrAJcS1Ac9VchFDbOh62pc36oxJ/v8wJ teemCtHrCU0TqvRkupkdemidm0RquOYTjQdB4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Np6W7Av3bWN5QVpjTg3Ek1DEkUal7o/O5ivjb1a5BkVtK/1rJXzOIewpv7DO0P9M2u QtXpvOmM58V1ZI7MzocKYXe6RrqQvum8sQWoexyBUZXnUy2cfovYvmW3EjxhJFK+oxdY t29pdQGB7077lYclcl7q3ARKVUp8u4xI5Ny5U=
eventually I get all green with:
/DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /Zm1000 /EHsc /O2 /arch:SSE2
so I backported to both the branch and the tag.
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Gael Guennebaud
> ok I managed to reproduce the error when activating /O2 and SSE2. I
> think this issue is fixed in rev 918446.
> Can you tell us if that works for you too ?
> Benoit: if you get a positive answer and I don't respond, please
> backport it in the tag.
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Gael Guennebaud
> <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ah, right. so I'll try to compile in release mode. unfortunately our
>> porting cluster is busy right now (the nightly builds just started) so
>> I have to wait for a windows machine....
>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:33 PM, FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi Folks,
>>> you can imagine my surprise, when I was looking at my own CDash Entry: ALL
>>> All tests compile and run. After a first period of confused joy my attention
>>> was going towards the timings. DARK RED! IMHO.
>>> Hey Gael: pipol6 are dead slow too....
>>> The reason is, that for compiler other then gcc NO OPTIMIZATION is set.
>>> That is the difference, because all automated tests pass and my handmade
>>> test don't want to compile.
>>> We were blind all the time!
>>> All the MSVC problems are general and probably quite old.