|Re: [eigen] Totally missing /O2 for MSVC-Compiler|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Totally missing /O2 for MSVC-Compiler
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:52:49 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=aXno1DhE8KSbRh5wdAS19bEPtspK8bE21alXReXC8b4=; b=SB9QxG6BSAkyax3MOLQn+J5Y0wjuMaJSJGJ7mAxQmHx5DAPe1hJq5vq11me3WOn5QQ 0AOquDg/k+ojuK2NWaX7c02fuXcV0Vei8o+mprixFCWsZsDSutHpWLqfSWHoxLMG9f9u L+cf5VbKNV3kCQItsBudwyw7P1plJJaNWQgHw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=KSaHI9N6GHwmUeDhRHYBHj0c0fOZL0cthBDW9J7v5hosma8OzDF2QXIU4QoPGVWKNo 9wvnFlSBcWPoAWKoNzA70fqx7h/lGjkxaf4nqk8U5Kd79jXLaud7Yvvpg3eq5whoxohs E6dgvu/ShLRkReZFUc9Tp6afMWP24YXdzXmwY=
ok I managed to reproduce the error when activating /O2 and SSE2. I
think this issue is fixed in rev 918446.
Can you tell us if that works for you too ?
Benoit: if you get a positive answer and I don't respond, please
backport it in the tag.
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Gael Guennebaud
> ah, right. so I'll try to compile in release mode. unfortunately our
> porting cluster is busy right now (the nightly builds just started) so
> I have to wait for a windows machine....
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:33 PM, FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>> you can imagine my surprise, when I was looking at my own CDash Entry: ALL
>> All tests compile and run. After a first period of confused joy my attention
>> was going towards the timings. DARK RED! IMHO.
>> Hey Gael: pipol6 are dead slow too....
>> The reason is, that for compiler other then gcc NO OPTIMIZATION is set.
>> That is the difference, because all automated tests pass and my handmade
>> test don't want to compile.
>> We were blind all the time!
>> All the MSVC problems are general and probably quite old.