|Re: [eigen] Totally missing /O2 for MSVC-Compiler|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Totally missing /O2 for MSVC-Compiler
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 21:10:18 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=7hC7rdVnDBo5l8YGk62K/akvFgLCYK0X/O5JqaPUUqY=; b=jjiHXvLh1WB1Tx/FWCTVqTv5+wI5AoFlqaSgd2pbIBmZCxcTs4HfaxGKeBt09bVgVE L51w+qOAGqrV43D9GGGWZmpYQYoPAHly1gxya1SOBrnmDYn4antsUpdLJWKSgrISZNXW FRAjyCOL/4uoK8p5OWwt8BAhsnEDJXw+d0R4I=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=NdsXlp8xorIS9ePbLMXFgLq9N9C1CltMSLr2jv7n7Dq0N7cW1XH1Nl4Zhky2w/S8Ag QBuGsnBVqvSo/IgcEb62GjvkTbLpCmP8vida1L7PTNfCGr6LZCchDDpFCl7lfFQHUUCI 75WuNHZV1YPjBsgSUYF97s7HuBN20vDNn9TGk=
ah, right. so I'll try to compile in release mode. unfortunately our
porting cluster is busy right now (the nightly builds just started) so
I have to wait for a windows machine....
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:33 PM, FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> you can imagine my surprise, when I was looking at my own CDash Entry: ALL
> All tests compile and run. After a first period of confused joy my attention
> was going towards the timings. DARK RED! IMHO.
> Hey Gael: pipol6 are dead slow too....
> The reason is, that for compiler other then gcc NO OPTIMIZATION is set.
> That is the difference, because all automated tests pass and my handmade
> test don't want to compile.
> We were blind all the time!
> All the MSVC problems are general and probably quite old.