|Re: [eigen] Qt's container support|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Qt's container support
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:34:11 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=VFzdZGfBXw/6pM7qApjzB/PFJ3h3Ayhcl/wx4Ooae+o=; b=N01TLm0ZsXxNKfpgsE7TAmUkRvRats4cz5GDXe2JjjerPWeMdg741+L9Uj840Tt7nt +zQTIxdD1k5p330s6lHOD7d0M9b6Ww8hduF1Zp+dF85wXLJnoQ4v+3sX5b2DzBjMzTOc 7cmyZaVrt5CeyD11kEfdT8RwvJeNWfJ7BnZw0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=xFwYOeOXFr3cJS2wAWQG80RTiYvM93CRZ0csZt9kVwxZLi3fWlYpxzzU2K6IuUFIh9 Fl3CM79y+JkkcghL+S6UKLRKslSZXBy6BuCRaFTzbCf9HwuPRM0s637bgN1lfGNKhGQh FLO7latU1FOpMVYNTgBzSZFByBfU/L5132pio=
alright, so it seems this change brought more troubles than it solve.
eventually I'm ok to allow operator= to resize too.
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/1/20 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> this was the initial behavior, see this thread to see all the
>> arguments which lead to the addition of set():
> Rereading quickly through this thread I don't really see a good reason
> anymore. If you have a specific one in mind can you refresh my memory?
> Otherwise I'm tempted to think that the main reason for set() goes
> away once we accept to have this little if() in operator=.
> Another reason was that one of our users had trouble tracing a bug
> because operator= had resized this matrix; but now we see that the
> non-resizing behavior also leads to trouble.