Re: [eigen] Qt's container support

2009/1/20 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> this was the initial behavior, see this thread to see all the
> arguments which lead to the addition of set():
>
> http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen/2008/10/msg00040.html

Rereading quickly through this thread I don't really see a good reason
anymore. If you have a specific one in mind can you refresh my memory?

Otherwise I'm tempted to think that the main reason for set() goes
away once we accept to have this little if() in operator=.
Another reason was that one of our users had trouble tracing a bug
because operator= had resized this matrix; but now we see that the
non-resizing behavior also leads to trouble.