|Re: [eigen] Qt's container support|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Qt's container support
- From: "Benoit Jacob" <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:31:41 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=TBPtNin2Gqn5mCPJKpaaRMArhlgW/HCDfJQwFWxHR2g=; b=FadVraZhpHp5Vupm8uk2dXxja9N+NZRmLowmoHYXI5kGeb6AGGz/SmHdAFwM26RBfT XP2eOSBrNVx85KJfNsvBTBecEjKwKEmmPEU5Rq/62lxqwjjGuZ3jC5AJQHcLAV1ldVhP 5xxd581uDaLAKTgdZrzjONlHmIZvflDIFLoeY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=wWLuFYOEpKwjelbHUyq96IdzNpm2Sf8voG7zUKqGOgtDJehpWoL6aWG+tSxnoXLl5u QJ5Z1kzdlv0qobYWSsHO4te0dboWuxB+sMWdWwRkw787xMg038805izIRjjYkV1rIgMH RwNwEDrrItnHfRF4d+eceLHml+sxTRscbBw+c=
2009/1/20 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> this was the initial behavior, see this thread to see all the
> arguments which lead to the addition of set():
Rereading quickly through this thread I don't really see a good reason
anymore. If you have a specific one in mind can you refresh my memory?
Otherwise I'm tempted to think that the main reason for set() goes
away once we accept to have this little if() in operator=.
Another reason was that one of our users had trouble tracing a bug
because operator= had resized this matrix; but now we see that the
non-resizing behavior also leads to trouble.