|Re: [eigen] Eigen appears to rock.|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen appears to rock.
- From: "Thomas Vaughan" <tevaughan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:40:08 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=xwtXeHBv6fU4Kd22cdU2HTWjmLJ6GsajbmgPECKun/M=; b=iWiPVlcbatYAQIgtlmYcqioqWAlcXMVF9hAF25pZPCIv+hYrSPvcIseVtj+B5LF0bK r/8liP5uMDwolWKTHtz0rGjXQkVk2EEFhJAOkh1Y73GYnQG28YZbX8Az/Ve8OSHphQrh uJcZ7lbTkJ4TDggxyAgoX+lmPFzlSB0TSISkA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=oay2tTyuwQOBVnXZv8UeP7/laDtG6BqqpgNUKoQc3xS59fyvehNXihW1KQbaW+e68S r08XsAOgjNoBUU9CCV90NLBRAQ5Oep+AhQ52X5P+Q9mMGrlwU4jv6jnHdz4v7plhLJgp ajDhYWMu8nXXF8Ty2hf1Edf0vEmj1nmAAeiW0=
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Raphael <raphha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Konstantin Heil schrieb:
> > Wow, this is very complicate. What's about
> > Point m = p1+0.5*(p2-p1);
> > This fits to the geometric immagination. Start on p1 and walk 0.5
> > the way from p2 to p1. :)
> Dear all,
> first let me say that you are having a very interesting conversation
> and then, I wanted to say about your last sentence, that it fits to
> *your* geometric imagination. Mine is e.g. rather 0.5*(p1+p2) and a
Then you appear really to be imagining displacement vectors from some
common origin, not points.
> I also use eigen for a lot of geometry stuff (for designing rotor
> blades, btw, one more use case :)) and I would rather support Gael's
> view, though.
Perhaps he is right.
Thomas E. Vaughan
There are only two kinds of people; those who accept dogma and know it,
and those who accept dogma and don't know it. - G.K. Chesterton