Re: [eigen] limiting executable code size with debug info

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 09 June 2008 16:57:37 Gael Guennebaud wrote:
> but my project also has its own template mess so the overhead is not 100%
> due to eigen2. It would be interesting to grab such statistics on kdelibs
> for instance...

Just FYI kdelibs is not using eigen and, as far as I can see, doesn't have a
use for it.

I know, this is why it is interesting to try on it to see the overhead of -g2 compared to -g1 on "normal" code. But it seems KDE cmake files overwrite user settings... so I cannot try with -g1....

57M code sounds huge... is it a really big project you're working on, or is it
something really special that justifies having many template instantiations,
or is it just that eigen and/or your other template stuff is generating far
too much executable code?

57M is not that huge, my project is quite large indeed with large templated classes instanciated twice for 2D and 3D...

Gael.