|Re: [eigen] limiting executable code size with debug info|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] limiting executable code size with debug info
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 16:26:25 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=Wqnu+PcG9PzBp9hY4SPXgQNs6GjZa+CoIG0yoaW1THE=; b=uI303RTMl8Wb+3daJzmm/HV6q4iDvvIqDPyBb2xxrCP3+O9xM9u8YLqqUaTwNPO1ch dEi2Yn3+TvzWUI5hdG6lnBERVgSkHgmGoCYoOwJe5tdquns6lN20cBbQ3xiKJdBGKmnE p8rDgeC5hd12bHNYFhqfOcro7y01jW8VKvz1Q=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=FmrK+Pe+I2FgEL0ai1Gu1cCT1qmUYqJcwRS+G7ggv29QnMfrAmI+51YkqE0xAMlFlz V7uQ18LlRXhAioxNTGfQpvIjNwyM0UIk0RBtRHzUE0im50npG/aAdhbW14peuiBqo4Yz 4sVb5NrlPKPaSCpSiboSfOVNAo3dtRiQNS6Q8=
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So, does anybody have an idea what to do to make Eigen usable with -g2 ?
yes of course, that's easy:
let's rewrite eigen using QVariant to store the coefficients and virtual members ;)
no, seriously I have no idea how to deal with that issue :( I know several template libraries which generate GB of .o in debug mode and I hate that... Maybe it'd be worth asking on GCC mailing list since the answer to this issue probably requires to know very well how GCC behaves internally.