|Re: [eigen] limiting executable code size with debug info|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] limiting executable code size with debug info
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 16:57:37 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=2Pv2GFnu9XuCdkaLE8+rah91sbfynatM/qIdJaGo824=; b=meaVFEzLb4F0pepdYlgJX2K5qk0OnPyylf1bDghecczdyUBY/lVAU+Z/TbimAM2Du2 WuR0QqvDr118+Vtniha/Z3nv0qY7Iynr9T9ZI87zFvohAkY/8dc4uAIpQpqCPTkWja7y DIWLjnOvYAWTKqGPasFCm8/Kw9CZ8LoBmV1Bc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=piiDXlCXkq9vyX9QWkQRPo1EqRJ7tmSixE5jScF2dEG0SLsO1pWQU4xYUL9WxlLyD9 nuKvBRLSolY4fMt5/uK8S6jX4QFz4zZKmPVnSsoJITTyI5Oau7C7l3zyeilWqRcA7Yst UdIB8/oqSzOlTLUPbeXIA7nuOsKVrhg4SiYg4=
FYI, some statistic about my project which heavily use eigen2 :
build tree size:
-O2 -g1 : 57M
-O2 -g2 : 434M
but my project also has its own template mess so the overhead is not 100% due to eigen2. It would be interesting to grab such statistics on kdelibs for instance...
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So, does anybody have an idea what to do to make Eigen usable with -g2 ?
yes of course, that's easy:
let's rewrite eigen using QVariant to store the coefficients and virtual members ;)
no, seriously I have no idea how to deal with that issue :( I know several template libraries which generate GB of .o in debug mode and I hate that... Maybe it'd be worth asking on GCC mailing list since the answer to this issue probably requires to know very well how GCC behaves internally.