Re: [eigen] Owl sketch

On Sunday 30 March 2008 19:40:06 Johannes Simon wrote:
> I very much like the upper left "professorly" owl, but maybe with a piece
> of chalk in his right wing, and the book under his left wing. What do you
> think? And the hat hanging on his left ear.. wonderful! I love it ;)

I concur, the hanging hat is awesome, and the book under the left wing, as in
the first drawing, is a very good idea.

As for the chalk, it's how you prefer. As is without chalk, it's already good
and "professorly" with its raised right wing, especially as the top feather
looks like a raised finger. But if you like, why not a piece of chalk.

Note: in the top-right drawing I would not have guessed the chalk box; but in
the drawing of a raised wing holding a piece of chalk, I think that chalk is
understandable.

> Regarding the different feathers you proposed (in your sketch) to use for
> the 1 and 0 in the identify matrix - having both, all the ones and the
> zeroes, on his chest would be a little too much, I think. But using
> feathers instead of numbers for the matrix seems like a good idea to me.

100% agree. Just 3 or 4 feathers for the 1's should be enough.

Many thanks,

Benoit
P.S. do you have access to ftp space where you could upload your drawings?
That would be even better than sending attachments to this list. But if you
haven't, that's OK, I asked a TuxFamily admin and 200kB attachments are OK.