[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Owl sketch
- From: Johannes Simon <johannes.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:40:06 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:from:to:subject:date:user-agent:references:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:message-id; bh=nrxd3/6r1luai42k7XbETNzwdY3DPa3MOAvCbikZidQ=; b=nxBNUhzoI1e/gqiXfMhN3+oTbzR7zLid/LPB86y70QK4IasDpZeqjQLN1N4vC9LEoX8QHTPThczR05F8qejvRJZvSO6VoiRxElcTwVk+ywH1SsLFWP7YENiiiDPAvceiVHVI7HFHEbaRys8soDJhVZfb0ntc/1YFP99Ka3E2BHQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=from:to:subject:date:user-agent:references:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:message-id; b=QBL/fmNhXPPN7eDHq9zs7yiE7HLFcrasGTSUZXzFHv6dw8+bHKCiqJc/0O6mRGVHZdwGqdV+ypsVkNRgY3VlIOwjJxc1PY/wODjC8ANhzmKo2+cnrEkjvNjU2pwv81yfX6ZGXqxnrQ70+PV35t3T2ZQFJNqX9PGwN5uiB7Sefps=
I very much like the upper left "professorly" owl, but maybe with a piece of
chalk in his right wing, and the book under his left wing. What do you think?
And the hat hanging on his left ear.. wonderful! I love it ;)
Regarding the different feathers you proposed (in your sketch) to use for the
1 and 0 in the identify matrix - having both, all the ones and the zeroes, on
his chest would be a little too much, I think. But using feathers instead of
numbers for the matrix seems like a good idea to me.
On Sunday 30 March 2008 20:15:23 David Benjamin wrote:
> Attached more sketches, we could mix and match the bits of the various
> owls. (e.g. I think the book works better than the chalk under his
> left wing.)
> (Apologies for the incredibly bad "scan"... I do not have easy access
> to a scanner at the moment, so I used a camera for this (and the
> previous). My wonderful picture-taking skills also cut off some text,
> so some of it was rewritten with the GIMP by a left-handed person
> using a mouse right-handed. :-D)
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 5:29 AM, Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 1) Your owl looks quite old/serious, I wonder what could be done to make
> > it look younger. Maybe it's the shape of the head, with the eyes very
> > near the feathers that delimit the bottom of the head, which (remotely)
> > evocates flappy cheeks/eyebags. Maybe you could also experiment with an
> > open beak, as if it were shouting "eureka!!" or "it feels good to be a
> > fluffy owl" enthusiastically.
> Are the new faces better?
> > 2) About the readability of the identity matrix, especially at smaller
> > sizes, I'd suggest reducing the number of 1's. Probably 4 are enough.
> Yes, that seems to work better.
> > 3) About the professor hat on the stick, I wonder if that will still be
> > understandable at smaller sizes. The hat's ribbon on the head might also
> > be harder to understand at smaller sizes.
> Hrm, maybe. Scaling the sketch down, it's still mostly visible, but it
> might be somewhat unclear. It also protrudes a lot, which would make
> the owl smaller on 135x135, which might not be so great.
> > 4) Maybe (I know I'm pushing it) it's worth experimenting without the
> > hat and stick, instead rasing the right wing in a professorly way ?
> Is the upper-left "professorly"? (Ignore the hat on his ear. I
> couldn't resist. :-D) I'm not really sure how one raises an arm/wing