Re: [crisos] how to reflash from crisos to acme?

Hi Markus

2008/8/5, Markus <crisos@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Claudio,
>

> Am Sonntag, 3. August 2008 21:52:20 schrieb Claudio:
>> 2008/8/3, Markus <crisos@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> > Hi list,

CUT!
>>                    ^^
>> This is the correct way, please ensure that the fox is wired directly
>> with your interface eth0
>>
>> If you need to use another interface use "-d <net_if>", remember that
>> you can flash fox trought hub or wifi access point!
>
> Yes, I understood.
> But if you read the next lines I'm having also dificulties flashing the
> board
> this way! :-(
>

> I cross-cabled my PC with the board.
> I tried it directly under linux (debian) and also on another PC under
> Windows
> XP (with flashfox and WinPcap).
>
> I also set the network card to 10 MBit, Full, AutoNeg OFF  with ethtool.
>
> None of this worked.
>

> Than I monitored the traffic with wireshark (ethereal) when trying to flash.
> What I saw there, that the "boot_linux" or better the "etrax100boot" tried
> access my foxboard with the MAC address 01:40:8c:00:01:00. BUT my fox board
> has the 00:40:8C:CD:00:00.

Very strange! I never hear this problem.

> Maybe this is the answer, why my fox board does not answer to the net boot?
> My question now is:
>
> How does the flash tools know, which MAC to flash?
> - Does it come from the image file (when setting with make menuconfig)?
> - Does it come from devboard-R2_01/tools/build/e100boot/cbl/src/net_init.c

devboard-R2_01 is the correct choice for foxboard? I don't remember.
Your sdk may be configured for some other developer board???

>   Because there is a macro "SET_ETHER_ADDR" with the first MAC I mentionend?

Have you try to use boot_linux script and etrax100boot from
http://downloads.tuxfamily.org/crisos/repository/tool/ ?
You can be sure that this version of etrax100boot try to flash the
correct mac address ;)

> I'm still not able to reflash and don't know anyone else than this list.
> So thank you again for your kind support! :-)
>

> Markus

---
CrisOs mailing list
Official multi-language http://www.crisos.org/ mailing list