Re: [crisos] how to reflash from crisos to acme?

Hi Claudio,

Am Sonntag, 3. August 2008 21:52:20 schrieb Claudio:
> 2008/8/3, Markus <crisos@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > does anyone know how to reflash back to an original acme firmware?
> >
> > When I tried it via the web interface I got an error (after waiting a
> > very long time):
> > 501 Not Implemented
> >  The requested method is not recognized by this server
> >
> > http://192.168.1.28/axis-cgi/admin/flash?-t+flash_all+-m+HTTP_POST
> >

> > When trying to flash the board with a cross cable to my PC, it looks like
> > this:
> >
> > root@pcmarkus:/home/markus/develop/foxboard/flashing$ ./boot_linux -F -i
> > fimage
>
>                    ^^
> This is the correct way, please ensure that the fox is wired directly
> with your interface eth0
>
> If you need to use another interface use "-d <net_if>", remember that
> you can flash fox trought hub or wifi access point!

> > Using internal boot loader: INTERNAL_NW - Network boot (default).
> > Starting boot...
> > We're doing a flash write, this may take up to a few minutes...
> >
> > Turning the board off, setting the jumper, turning board on again.
> > Nothing happens! I waited very long!
> >
> > Turning board on again (without jumper) everything looks like before with
> > the
> > old crisos image. :-(
> >
> > Please help!!
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Markus

Yes, I understood.
But if you read the next lines I'm having also dificulties flashing the board
this way! :-(

I cross-cabled my PC with the board.
I tried it directly under linux (debian) and also on another PC under Windows
XP (with flashfox and WinPcap).

I also set the network card to 10 MBit, Full, AutoNeg OFF  with ethtool.

None of this worked.

Than I monitored the traffic with wireshark (ethereal) when trying to flash.
What I saw there, that the "boot_linux" or better the "etrax100boot" tried to
access my foxboard with the MAC address 01:40:8c:00:01:00. BUT my fox board
has the 00:40:8C:CD:00:00.

Maybe this is the answer, why my fox board does not answer to the net boot?
My question now is:

How does the flash tools know, which MAC to flash?
- Does it come from the image file (when setting with make menuconfig)?
- Does it come from devboard-R2_01/tools/build/e100boot/cbl/src/net_init.c
  Because there is a macro "SET_ETHER_ADDR" with the first MAC I mentionend?

I'm still not able to reflash and don't know anyone else than this list.
So thank you again for your kind support! :-)

Markus

---
CrisOs mailing list
Official multi-language http://www.crisos.org/ mailing list