Re: [AD] allegro (image addon) build on 64-bit windows

Don’t know if this is it but try doing a clean configure. I find with MSVC projects that if you don’t, some settings get reset any time a change is made to CMake.

From: Peter Hull
Sent: December 5, 2015 4:39 AM
To: Elias Pschernig;allegro-developers@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AD] allegro (image addon) build on 64-bit windows

I wish I understood CMake.

The CMakeCache.txt file clearly says
> //Flags used by the compiler during all build types.
> CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING= /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3 /GR /EHsc
> //Flags used by the compiler during all build types.
> CMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING= /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3

and yet the VS project has it as
> Warning Level    Level4 (/W4)

So possibly a bug in CMake or possibly something I am not seeing.

Any ideas?

Pete

On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 at 08:20 Peter Hull <peterhull90@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 at 22:25 Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The same is true with mingw and under Linux and OSX, but neither gcc nor clang have any warnings. What is an example of such a warning?

The relevant warning in Xcode is 'Implicit conversion to 32 bit type' a.k.a GCC_WARN_64_TO_32_BIT_CONVERSION = YES

but this is not enabled by default in the configuration that CMake creates. The corresponding warning(s) are enabled for MSVC.

I'll investigate /W3 on Windows, too.

Pete