Re: [AD] allegro (image addon) build on 64-bit windows

See also https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5/issues/510

As far as I understand, all that's needed is to stick the GDI+ detection into the FindDirectX.cmake which has all of the Windows SDK searching logic (and rename it in the process).

-SL

On 12/01/2015 01:17 AM, Peter Hull wrote:
I tried to build Allegro on 64 bit windows and it fails because it can't
find the correct GDI+ library.

I am configuring like this:
 > cmake -A x64 path-to-allegro-source

And get 18 link errors, the first of which is:
gdiplus.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol GdipAlloc

The problem seems to be that CMake can only look for the 32-bit version
of GDIplus.lib because the Windows SDK puts the 32/64 bit libs in
directories that don't match the pattern that CMake expects.

I asked on Stack overflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33124745/cmake-finding-32bit-gdi-on-64-bit-platform
  and also on the cmake ML:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2015-October/061804.html

There was not a great response but a suggested workaround from Sergey.

Unless anyone else has some brighter idea I can submit a patch for this
but I'd like to know - does the currect code work OK on MinGW (is there
such a thing as 64-bit MinGW?)

Thanks,
Pete

ps, Siegelord when I fix this I can send in the final Nuget package
script for your allegro_winpkg repo! Promise!!