Re: [AD] allegro (image addon) build on 64-bit windows

On 12/01/2015 10:43 AM, Peter Hull wrote:
Am i correct in saying it *is* specific to MSVC?
Pete

That's a hard question. We technically have 2 flavors of MinGW to support: the classic one and mingw-w64. The former typically only works with an external SDK, be that the hacked up one from liballeg.org or the official one. The latter includes pretty much everything Allegro needs out of the box. I don't think the current FindGDI+.cmake works with either, but FindDirectX.cmake should work with anything, as far as I know.

The MinGW situation is a bit of a pain so I wouldn't worry about it too much right now and just do what FindDirectX.cmake does and hope that works.

-SL