Re: [AD] Not freeing resources of non-preserved bitmaps on Android is considered harmful :)

OK, so the latest news: you can use the method I described to save GL context, but omit the step of creating a new context that shares resources with the previous one. Instead, just set previous one as current when resuming app, after creating a new surface. We tested it on several devices at work, and it worked very well. It won't be in the new version of the game we're releasing to store today, but the next one will use it. If it works for our considerable userbase, I think we can safely assume it would work for Allegro users as well :) The only thing remaining is to test it on older Androids, since we do not support 2.x at work anymore.