Re: [AD] Not freeing resources of non-preserved bitmaps on Android is considered harmful :)

On October 23, 2015 12:43:45 AM Max Savenkov wrote:
> After a bit more thinking, I decided to ask more knowledgeable people
> than me about this. I'll rely here what they say, if anything.

I'd really like to see documentation backing this up, the idea that doing this
is actually OK and reasonable. Seems like a random undefined behaviour hack to
me.

> Hm. That might work. My patch moves the burden of recreating the texture
> to user, which is probably what he deserves, by using NO_PRESERVE flag,
> but it may be less error-prone to re-create the texture inside Allegro.
> I've attached a patch that removes NO_PRESERVE checks from both halt and
> resume functions, and adds a null pointer check in upload_bitmap_memory.
> Not sure about the last one - maybe we should just call
> ogl_create_bitmap instead?

Yeah I think I'd prefer calling ogl_create_bitmap rather than add mysterious
behaviour to _al_ogl_upload_bitmap_memory.