Re: [AD] The website

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 19:04:59 -0700, SiegeLord <siegelordex@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06/13/2015 07:12 PM, Peter Wang wrote:
> > Oh, I should have thought to check in on a.cc first.  Perhaps another ML
> > is not needed either.
> >
> > Peter
>
> I think the main technical issue is where to host the mailing list
> (assuming we want to move it off SF as well). Otherwise, it's just a
> matter of effort that doesn't really have that much payoff or practical
> motivation. I'm ok with doing it, but I don't want to be the one to do it.

I've been looking around but none of the standalone mailing list
services look particularly compelling.  I know about: librelist,
freelists, Google groups.  Desirable features include one-off import,
decent archives, and export if we ever need to.

What about more full featured hosts?  Possibilities include: Savannah,
Gna, Launchpad.  Launchpad looks the most promising so far.  Imports and
exports are possible by manual request.  Their mailing lists are
associated with "teams" not projects.  We wouldn't be registering a
project only to ignore most of the services.

On the other hand, we might want some of the other services after all if
github won't work out.  For example, we have some miscellaneous files
and historical Allegro releases that won't correspond to any tag in the
git repository.

Peter