Re: [AD] WebM - messy

I've got it integrated with Allegro now. ex_video works except for audio and seeking.

The bad thing is, the default builds of libwebm and libvpx don't work quite right on my system. I have to build the C only libvpx and add -fPIC to webm... Allegro .so's won't compile otherwise (fPIC errors upon linking.)

Second problem (related) is performance. ogv eats on average 30% CPU on my old core2quad. webm is taking 50% (40% when I was building with assembly.) 720x480@30FPS.

I'm sure libvpx could be fixed to work but it requires messing with assembly so I'm ignoring it for now. And the point was partially for an easier build... And I'm not sure Google will incorporate fixes. I didn't try the stable releases yet, however.

In any case I'll work on the issues I can.