Re: [AD] Problems with gamepad on MacOS X and general thoughts

When I check the USB HID standard, joysticks seem much better described there
in the way of axes and button layout. So it's really the OS
driver that maps the game devices in a lazy way, i feel.

Maybe in the long term we should directly read the raw HID device to take advantage of this information? We could crib a few things from this portable BSD licensed library:
https://github.com/signal11/hidapi

The advantage of raw HID is that it's inherently portable across all platforms.
The disadvantage is that it may not always work.
For example, on, Linux, some input devices are not allowed to export a raw HID api.

Kind Regards,

B.