From: Max Savenkov [mailto:max.savenkov@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: March 24, 2015 1:51 PM
To: alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AD] Problems with gamepad on MacOS X and general thoughts

OK, here's the patch for hidjoy.m. I only patched the 10.5+ version.

It fixes my problem where there were more Z-axes than X-axes, and the number
of sticks was wrong, and also adds support for "Hatswitch", which represents
D-pad on my gamepad. I could find no documentation on the way Hatswitch
reports values, but from looking at other peoples' code, I decided to just
hard-code 8 directions (Apple documentation for working with HID devices is
lacking a lot of details).