Re: [AD] [A.cc] re: Proposal: Push out a Release Candidate / Dev Version of the " most stable" 5.1

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 22:15:11 -0700, Trent Gamblin <trent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not in a rush to do a release. If you can figure out a release procedure that would be mighty handy (probably obvious but a plus if you document it.) I'm going to start fixing some of the issues mentioned by Peter Wang (see Allegro.cc). I think most of them have already been taken care of anyway.

The release process goes like this:

- commit changelog
- git tag -a
- run hacky script (attached)
- test building from an archive (optional)
- upload to sourceforge
- push the branch and tag
- update web site

Peter
#!/bin/zsh
# vim: ft=zsh et
set -e

ver=(5 1 8)
dotted_ver="$ver"
dotted_ver=${dotted_ver// /.}

export LC_ALL=en_US

repo=/home/tjaden/ahack/gws_allegro
here=$PWD

rm -rf ./allegro

( cd $repo
    git archive --format=tar --prefix=allegro/ ${dotted_ver} |
    ( cd $here && tar xf - )
)

( cd ./allegro
    for file in **/*(.)
    do
        echo $file
        commit=$( cd $repo && git rev-list ${dotted_ver} "$file" | head -n 1 )
        mtime=$( cd $repo && git show --pretty=format:%ai $commit | head -n 1)
        touch -d $mtime $file
    done
)

( cd allegro
    ./misc/zipup.sh allegro-$dotted_ver.zip
    mv .dist/*(.) ..
)
rm -rf allegro
unzip allegro-$dotted_ver.zip
./allegro/misc/mkunixdists.sh allegro-$dotted_ver.zip