Re: [AD] 5.0 and 5.2 on the same system

That artificial barrier of having to change the number doesn't mean that anybody will look at the code if it compiles and works fine.

On 12/11/2012 11:56 AM, Elias Pschernig wrote:
I still think when compiling 5.0 code for 5.2 it actually *should* be
manually checked for any deprecated code and someone should be forced
to consciously change the version from 5.0 to 5.2. So my idea would be
the other way around, not only keep the 5.0 for pkgconfig, but also
have the pkgconfig files link to the full name (I'm not sure why they
don't already anyway).