Re: [AD] Internal headers

On 07/03/2012 11:20 PM, Peter Wang wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 23:00:02 -0300, Hilton Medeiros <medeiros.hilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Also I think if you drop your addon in a folder called "deps" in either the
>>> source or build directories, allegro will go and build that along with
>>> allegro, which might give it access to allegro's internals.
> No, Allegro won't go and build those.
>
> There was an idea to allow unofficial addons to build by dropping into
> the addon directory, but that's not implemented.  You can try to do that.
>
> Peter

I see. I'm thinking about using 'git submodule' instead, since you are
moving
to git. The developer can clone, update and track a specific
branch/commit from
Allegro inside the repository. That takes care of the API unstability
and access to
internals. The only issue is that the user will clone the entire Allegro
repository,
but that is much smaller now with git.

Cheers,
Hilton