Re: [AD] monochrome 8x8 builtin font + upscaling algorithm

On 12 Jul 2012 at 23:15, Peter Wang wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:45:40 +0200, Dennis-Busch@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > >
> > > That looks fine to me.
> > >
> > > Since you seem to be sending a few patches, I'm going to nitpick the
> > > patch.
> >
> > Thanks. Attached is a new patch which addresses everything you
> > pointed at (unless I overlooked some detail).
> >

> Thanks.  I committed it with some tweaks, and a bigger change.
> Let me know if I broke something.

Works great. Thanks for taking the time.

(The memory/video bitmap thing was from way back when I first
 implemented this (shortly before feature freeze for 5.0 I think).
 Back then, it seemed like
 using a memory bitmap first greatly sped up the creation process
 itself and then later using a video bitmap seemed to increase
 rendering speed. I don't know why this is not required anymore,
 creation speed is probably faster now due to the locking and the
 different way of placing the glyph pixels but I can't imagine why
 rendering speed is also ok now.)

Dennis Busch
d_busch@xxxxxxxxxx