Re: [AD] switching to git, 2012 edition

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 10:30:12 +1000
Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My import has a mistake.  There are hundreds of commits falsely
> credited to me because of backports.  Most of them have an extra
> "From:" line in the log message indicating the original author.  git
> svn has an option --use-log-author to use that as the real author.
> It would be nice to get it right in the import.

Ok, I re-ran it with your authors.txt (but example.org changed to
users.sourceforge.net) and the --use-log-author option.

(Interestingly enough --use-log-author seems to have merged the authors
to @users.sourceforge.net even though those logs have
@example.org names.)

Anyway, I did a push --mirror to here:

ssh://USER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/gitroot/alleg/allegro

Sourceforge's gitweb of it is here:

http://alleg.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=alleg/allegro;a=summary

(there's also the auto-created "alleg" repository by SF which I didn't
touch and intend to delete)

It does seem to have all of the branches and tags. The old branches/5.1
branch is now the master branch. We could probably name it 5.1
instead of master but unlike SVN-without-trunk as we had before, a
git-without-master appears to not be such a good idea...

If it looks right I'll also make an allegrowww2 and a bindings
repository (or should we call it dallegro instead of bindings?)

Commits made to SVN until we do the final switch (i suppose soon if it
works) I can just cherry-pick from git-svn to the real git I think.