Re: [AD] 3D math routines removed from 5.x?

I think "dropped" is too strong a word. The more accurate reason is "nobody bothered to add/port them in". The development branch of A5 (5.1) has some 3D specific functions and A5.0 can draw 3D objects via the primitives addon, so it's certainly not the case that there is a policy of discouraging 3D use.

A "3D addon", which these functions would be a part of, has been mentioned for months... if not years. There just has not been a concerted effort to actually implement it.