Re: [AD] ALLEGRO_KEY_PAD_ENTER on Windows

On 30.03.2011 00:55, Peter Wang wrote:
On 2011-03-29, torhu<torhu.lists@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
 On 29.03.2011 08:47, Peter Wang wrote:
 >  On 2011-03-22, torhu<torhu.lists@xxxxxxxxxx>   wrote:
 >>   On 21.03.2011 18:22, Matthew Leverton wrote:
 >>   >See<http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/606792>
 >>   >
 >>   >Attached is a 5.1 patch that adds support for the
 >>   >ALLEGRO_KEY_PAD_ENTER on Windows. It's possible that other keys like
 >>   >right control could use the new 'extended' flag as well, but I just
 >>   >did the least amount of work to get the pad-enter key detected. Tested
 >>   >via the keyboard event example.
 >>
 >>   I've extended the patch.  The goal was to make the left and right
 >>   versions of the modifier keys work independently of each other.  It
 >>   works just fine for Ctrl and Alt, but the Shift keys are still
 >>   problematic.
 >>
 >>   I've also tried to simplify some of the code.
 >>
 >>   Maybe the right way to do keyboard input for games is using
 >>   WM_INPUT, but I don't feel like tackling that.  Windows API
 >>   programming just isn't fun.
 >
 >  I get: 'MAPVK_VSC_TO_VK_EX' undeclared

 Some googling suggest that it's missing from msvc 2005's headers, if
 that's what you're using.  I'm using msvc 2008 express.  Is it ok to
 just conditionally define it?  The value is 3.

Yes, just add it to wkeyboard.c, under the #include block.

 I guess I should run ex_keyboard_events on XP to make sure it's actually
 supported there. The docs just mention win2k.  I'm using win7.  I'll
 test later today.

You can commit it afterwards.  I only tested under Wine so far, where it
seems to make no difference.  Also I have no Pad Enter.

Tested on XP and committed.