Re: [AD] 5.0.0 final release plan

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 8:26 PM, torhu <torhu.lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Looks good to me, except that I don't know of any legimitate use for
> that value of USER_HOME on Windows.  I see some apps ported from Linux
> (like Mercurial) that put their config files in there, which they are
> not supposed to do.  What use cases are USER_HOME meant for?

USER_DOCUMENTS is where you would be advised to write stand-alone data
files that somebody might want to copy around, such as screenshots,
replays, etc.

USER_DATA is where you'd be advised to write internal data files, such
as high scores.

USER_HOME doesn't serve much purpose in terms of saving something
directly to it (and the manual would advise against it), but it might
be useful as a starting point for a file selector in a GUI.

--
Matthew Leverton