Re: [AD] 5.0.0 final release plan

On 04.01.2011 02:09, Matthew Leverton wrote:
So for 5.0, I think we can get by with:

* BUNDLED_DATA
* USER_SETTINGS
* USER_DATA
* USER_HOME (c:\users\matthew; /home/matthew)
* USER_DOCUMENTS (c:\users\matthew\documents; /home/matthew/Documents)
* TEMP
* EXENAME

Looks good to me, except that I don't know of any legimitate use for that value of USER_HOME on Windows. I see some apps ported from Linux (like Mercurial) that put their config files in there, which they are not supposed to do. What use cases are USER_HOME meant for?

Then we can address app/system and shared data later if we can come up
with something that is solid. But for 99% of Allegro programs, I think
the above is sufficient.