Re: [AD] 5.0.0 RC2 release notes

Personally, I'd rather stay with SVN, just because I get no advantage out of using git. But I don't have a good excuse why I can't make the switch, so I don't really care. If someone doesn't want to switch though, well we have to consider that and Evert is import especially on OS X where nobody else really knows what they're doing. However, if SVN is so slow that it's taking Peter an hour to do a 2 minute job, then we have to consider the option. Mark
me down as a "either way, I don't care".

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anders Andersson" <trezker@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Allegro Development" <alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2010 9:54 PM
Subject: Re: [AD] 5.0.0 RC2 release notes

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Very little, in fact. And if I do happen to have some time, having to switch to a different version control system (or even just a different branch) can put me off sufficiently that I'll do something else that requires less preparation. This is from past experience. Not that it's crucial one way or the other whether I contribute something or not, just saying what the consequence would be in terms of when and how often I contribute something other than an opinion.

Yeah if you're that short on time you might as well wait until you do
get some free time to get into git. If your life is to busy to
prioritize this... Looks like you're the only one negative in this
thread, and as has been said svn is slow and near death. I think it
may even be discouraging for potential new developers to come in to a
project that still uses svn.

I may not be a regular allegro developer, but I have followed the
development for a long time now doing plenty of checkouts and done
some good in testing. So I think my little vote for switching to git
counts. :)