[AD] memfile

Is the memfile addon excluded from documentation / installation for
any reason? (Or at least, last I checked, it was not there.)

I think al_open_memfile() could use a read-write mode parameter. Other
than that, I don't know what else that function could use. Anyway, the
extra parameter should be considered before 5.0 is final.

An al_create_memfile(size, options) might be useful ... it would own
the memory and allow you to have a resizable (growing) chunk of
memory. You could use it for saving a BITMAP to memory, etc. Upon
closing the file, it would resize it to exactly the amount written
(assuming it was resizable to begin with). Not important for 5.0.

--
Matthew Leverton