Re: [AD] file interface fopen

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 4:16 AM, Thomas Fjellstrom
<tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I really do think it'd be better to make everything consistent. And not leave
> a bunch of compatibility code in long term for the old interface.

I don't consider anything in the diff to be legacy compatibility code.
The methods used for memfile, etc are how I'd recommend any interface
author to write his code.

Regarding the create_handle vs create_handle_vt, I don't really care
either way. I don't think it's particularly confusing if there's only
a single method for that. The only real purpose of either of them is
to be used inside custom file interface open methods like
al_open_memfile(), in which case you'd always be passing the vtable
in.

--
Matthew Leverton