Re: [AD] New Logo Proposal

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 4:05 AM, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 22 Dec 2010, at 10:44 , Michał Cichoń wrote:
>> How about Alex. Maybe he should be placed there instead of violin key?
>
> The copyright situation there is complicated. We'd have to ask Johan Peitz whether we're allowed to use the character for that.

He explicitly gave permission to use Alex as part of the official
Allegro 4 branding. He references that permission here:

http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/129999/130007#target

Personally, I think something like the image on
http://www.allegro.cc/about made into a "Powered By Allegro" type of
stamp that could be used as part of the intro to a game is more useful
than yet-another font+image logo.

--
Matthew Leverton