Re: [AD] [ alleg-Bugs-3102940 ] Broken on Vista

2010/11/6 Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> It should, as the documentation for al_set_new_display_adapter says:
>
>    To return to the default behaviour, pass -1.

I will remember about that.

>> Under Windows that can
>> be any connected monitor, on other OS'es this is usually first one.
>> This function always valid index of primary adapter or -1 when there
>> are no adapter connected.
>
> Or -1 if there is no designated primary monitor.  The xrandr tool on
> X11 has this option:
>
>    --noprimary
>        Don't define a primary output.

Ok, -1 then will be allowed.

I'm really waiting for Wayland times. : )

> This may be true on Windows?  It's certainly not necessarily so on X11,
> e.g. my window manager will usually place a new application window on
> the monitor which currently contains the mouse pointer, which is
> presumably where my focus is.  Other systems may choose to place the new
> window on the monitor which contains the keyboard focus, etc.

Yap, that follows Windows multi-monitor policy.
al_get_active_adapter() should determine correct adapter in platform
dependent way, so in result users will experience native feel.

> Is there any reason the user shouldn't just call
> al_set_new_display_adapter(-1); and let the system choose?

No. I think this should be default value anyway. Different adapter
number just allow user to force other display.

--
thedmd, Michał Cichoń
Artifex Mundi