Re: [AD] [ alleg-Bugs-3102940 ] Broken on Vista

> 1. Continue to accept -1 as the "default" new display adapter. When a
>   window is created, the WM chooses where the window will go.

There is not such functionality implemented under Windows right now.
Unless I missed something.

> 2. Add al_get_main_adapter. When there are multiple monitors, usually
>   one is designated the main monitor; return its index.
>   Returns -1 if unknown? ("Primary" seems a better term to me.)

"Primary" suit better than "main". This function return index of
primary display, one with task bar, icons etc. Under Windows that can
be any connected monitor, on other OS'es this is usually first one.
This function always valid index of primary adapter or -1 when there
are no adapter connected.

> 3. Add al_get_active_adapter, which ideally returns the "default"
>   monitor where a new window would appear if the user does not
>   force a specific monitor.  May also return -1?

Active monitor is one on which you are working on. With multimonitor
system setup, new application window is created on monitor from which
you're launching application. That will happen unless you force OS do
to place window at very specific point. Current Windows implementation
always create window centered on the first available monitor by
default.
This function return valid index of active adapter or -1 if index
cannot be determined.

> I was planning to release Allegro 5.0 RC1 this weekend (7th).
> It can be delayed to next weekend (14th).

I think Allegro should be released this weekend. This is big fix which
include not only window creation but also fullscreen support (yap,
also broken on multi-monitor system). 5.1 is target for this fix. Two
days or even week is not enough to test new implementation properly.