Re: [AD] [ alleg-Bugs-3102940 ] Broken on Vista

On 2010-11-05, Michał Cichoń <michcic@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I will include this in next version patch. Also it looks like Windows
> window initialization don't work properly. Almost all fullscreen
> examples are screwd (before applying the patch).
>
> Right now I will not commit anything. More test should be done before
> Allegro will fit in multi-monitor policy on Windows.
>

> W dniu 5 listopada 2010 02:30 użytkownik Evert Glebbeek
> <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> napisał:
> > On 4 Nov 2010, at 21:04 , Michał Cichoń wrote:
> >> I can commit patch, which should solve the issue. Details were
> >> discussed there http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/605265
> >>
> >> In result two new functions will be added:
> >> int al_get_main_adapter();
> >> int al_get_active_adapter();
> >>
> >> It is actually bug fix, but changes hit public API.
> >>
> >> Before I send something I need your confirmation Peter.

I did not follow the a.cc thread very closely.

Is my understanding of the proposal correct?

1. Continue to accept -1 as the "default" new display adapter. When a
   window is created, the WM chooses where the window will go.

2. Add al_get_main_adapter. When there are multiple monitors, usually
   one is designated the main monitor; return its index.
   Returns -1 if unknown? ("Primary" seems a better term to me.)

3. Add al_get_active_adapter, which ideally returns the "default"
   monitor where a new window would appear if the user does not
   force a specific monitor.  May also return -1?

   I have some reservations about this.  What is it useful for?

I was planning to release Allegro 5.0 RC1 this weekend (7th).
It can be delayed to next weekend (14th).

Peter